There are 2 key parts to successfully securing a decision in principle and mortgage loan: income and your credit history/score.Don’t assume a poor credit score or adverse credit history (defaults, missed payments, bankruptcy) will mean you can never secure a mortgage loan. We will work through different lenders criteria to try and secure a fit for your circumstances. It is so important that before applying for a mortgage that you aware of your credit rating and the content of your credit file. We have access to lenders who will base a lending decision on your credit file data and NOT your score, whilst other lenders base their decision on both.
We may request a credit file, if requested it will be with Check my File. Click the link below to be redirected to their site and start the registration process.
You can try it FREE for 30 days, then its £14.99 a month – cancel online anytime.
It is YOUR responsibility to cancel any subscription to Check My File. KW Mortgages and PRIMUS Mortgage Network accept NO responsibility for any costs incurred by setting up an account with Check My File. This is a non-compulsory arrangement.
You are now departing from the regulatory site of KW Mortgages. Neither KW Mortgages or PRIMIS Mortgage Network is responsible for the accuracy of the information contained within the linked site.
If you wish to improve your credit score/file so that it increases the likelihood of a lender approving your application, then take note of the below key steps that will reflect positively when applying for a mortgage.
- Your current address should appear on your bank statements
- Ensure you are on the electoral register at your address (whether you vote or not, key is to be registered)
- Work to have a minimum of three lines of credit appearing on your credit file to include: a bank account, mobile phone contract, credit/ store / mail order card, personal loan. Hire Purchase.
- Manage your credit account payments on time: no missed/ late payments
- Don’t max out any credit limits best to keep below 50% of limit usage
- Don’t make numerous loan applications within a short period of time